|New Internet Technology for Hyatt Regency San Francisco|
|Published by Ozgur Tore|
|Monday, 26 March 2012 22:07|
With the multitude of personal electronic devices travelers rely on while on the road, it’s imperative that guests have the freedom of mobility while staying in their host hotel.
As a result, Hyatt Regency San Francisco (HRSF) and AVT Event Technologies have installed a wireless system that ensures seamless coverage for all participants of group events booked at the hotel.
The new installation is a world-class network that is both efficient and cost-effective in order to meet today’s event technology needs. Featuring state-of-the-art networking capability that rivals any other hotel, anywhere, teams are in place to ensure planners are able to fulfill the needs and expectations of their specific guests and to ensure that the technology and service needs are met.
- HRSF’s meeting and public space has an Enterprise Class Network overlaid with seamless 802.11a/b/g/n wireless network.
- Each meeting room is fully networked with multiple CAT 6E hard wired ports, which is ideal for things like video streaming or secure network provisioning.
- Through AVT, the hotel uses an Internet circuit that allows up to 100Mbps to be utilized exclusively throughout the meeting space.
- A fiber-optic network allows the hotel to burst speed up to 100Mbps, which means HRSF has the ability to service the most basic networking needs as well as a provision Internet for the most demanding bandwidth requirements.
- Should meeting attendees need the flexibility of access in different meeting rooms throughout the day, wireless coverage is the best option, with a login code, so they can have access anywhere.
- The level of sophistication of the new network allows for provisions to customize setups from VPN’s and VLAN’s to SSID’s and Static ad Public IP’s.
- Although the new system allows for a large volume, groups of 100 simultaneous users or more will want to look into customized options.
Ideal for groups small and large, the property features 67,000 square feet of function space and 8,456 square feet of pre-function space, including 35 meeting rooms and 17,000 square feet of exhibit space. All meeting space is located primarily on three floors with excellent flow capabilities. Each meeting room features the new highest spped wireless network, recently installed by AVT Event Technologies, individual or master controls for heat and air conditioning, sound, music, telephones, multiple electrical/microphone outlets, special lighting effects and 110V single-phase and 220CV single-phase electricity.
Situated on the Embarcadero Waterfront, across from the iconic Ferry Building Marketplace, with ferries to Sausalito, Tiburon and Alameda, the Hyatt Regency San Francisco is the city’s most accessible hotel. The hotel is at the beginning of the California Street Cable Car line and is also in close proximity to the Embarcadero Center’s shops and restaurants, Financial District, Downtown, Chinatown, North Beach, Union Square, South of Market, AT&T Park (home of the SF Giants) and Embarcadero’s waterfront walking and jogging trail. As the city’s largest luxury waterfront hotel, the Hyatt Regency San Francisco boasts 802 rooms and suites. Guest services and amenities include: Wi-Fi service throughout the hotel, 24-hour automated business center and newly constructed 24-hour StayFit @ Hyatt Fitness Center. Situated in the soaring atrium lobby of the hotel, amidst magnificent trees and trellises that create a serene and relaxing environment, the Eclipse Café serves breakfast, lunch and dinner featuring classic interpretations of local cuisine.
|Home l About Us l Circulation l Advertise l Contact Us l Site Map|